Nylint Company History

   

The Ny-Lint Tool and Manufacturing Company of Rockford, Illinois was a family-owned company, founded in 1938 as a tool-and-die shop. It was converted to a toy company in 1946. It was started by Bernard C. Clint and David Nyberg, thus the Ny-Lint name. The company concentrated it products on heavy-duty scale reproductions.

At its peak in the 1970s, Ny-Lint had up to 400 workers. The company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in January, 2001 and subsequently went out of business. Assets of the company were auctioned off in that year.

The original logo is shown in the upper left. Nylint changed to a large N in 1966 as shown in the upper right.